Monday, July 8, 2013

Looking Back


It's that age old idea that hindsight is 20/20, right?

I've realized it's an old idea because of how relevant it always is. It's so common for us to look back on the things that we do and wish we could have done this or that differently. Of course, we can't. Some of it we get right but more often than not I've noticed (at least for me) I get it very, very wrong. So instead I try to take where I've messed up, see what was actually my fault, and take that and learn from it. Then instead of focusing on the past, I attempt to focus on the present and the future.

Of course I make sure I don't ever forget the past because without that I wouldn't be able to make the adjustments for what I need to do now.

So I've decided I need to, one post at a time, look back on some of the events that have occurred in life to bring me to today. I have a feeling at times this might end up feeling a little like a journal (though hopefully less). But for those who do end up reading, I hope what you get isn't so much a boring set of documents. Rather, I do hope you end up on a journey with me, much like you would a novel. Hopefully it will be more entertaining than boring and something good will come out of it.

Here are some things there's a good chance I'll cover over time:

- College life
- My first time living in LA (and how my thoughts have changed)
- Moving back home
- Joining the Army
- Student film
- Features (primarily my experience working on mine)
- Living in Hawaii
- My experiences on film sets acting or as crew
- Relationships
- Any other fun anecdote I find interesting about life

Obviously, I haven't wrote anything since 2009, and even then very little, so there is a lot to go about. But hopefully I won't throw out too much all at once. If I do, I'll try and keep each post a little shorter and focused for better browsing ability.

Whatever happens, I hope you enjoy learning from my life stories as much as I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment